Thursday, March 15, 2012

Gardening

My family has had a garden for the past 4 summers or so. Each year I'm a little more into it. This year, I'm diving in head first and trying to learn everything I can about gardening, and all that comes with it. My dad and I started our seedlings just five days ago, and they've already sprouted, and some are about 3 inches high! It's so neat to watch them grow from tiny little seeds to huge plants. It absolutely fascinates me! A few of the things we'll be growing this year are:


  • Green beans
  • Tomatoes
  • Cucumbers
  • Spinach
  • Carrots
  • Squash
  • Green peppers
  • Banana peppers
  • Asparagus
  • Beets
Carrots are my favorite. There's nothing like fresh garden carrots to go with a nice hot meal! Putting fresh raw veggies in my salad is quite a treat too :)

We're also starting to can this year, which I'm pretty excited about! Being able to have our home grown veggies year round would be amazing!

So since i'm fairly new to this whole gardening thing, I definitely welcome any helpful hints or tricks anyone has to offer :)

No comments:

Post a Comment